A Healthy Smile Starts with Regular Dental Visits
Keeping up with regular visits to the dentist is the best way to stay out of the dental chair for serious dental problems in the future. At Flint River Dental, in Huntsville, AL we offer dental cleanings and exams in Huntsville for patients of all ages, from children to seniors.
If it is time for your Huntsville dental cleaning and exam, call 256.269.2954 to schedule an appointment.
How Often Should I Visit The Dentist?
The American Dental Association recommends professional dental exams and cleanings twice a year. Preventative dentistry is essential in maintaining oral health.
Protect Your Oral Health with Regular Dental Care
Prevention is the best defense for preserving healthy teeth and gums. Our cleanings and exams in Huntsville are thorough to prevent plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to gum disease. Without regular dental care, cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease are more likely to develop.
Although regular dental care is essential to oral health, many people avoid the dentist due to fear and anxiety. At Flint River Dental, we specialize in dental anxiety to help our patients get the care they need to maintain oral health for life.
Comprehensive Dental Exam
A comprehensive dental exam is essential to monitoring the health of your teeth and gums and identify problems early to avoid more serious dental problems later. We perform a detailed examination of your teeth and gums to check their overall health and detect any changes that may have happened since your last visit to our office.
When you visit our office for an exam, we:
- Check for signs of decay
- Look for abnormalities in the gums and bone
- Inspect your gums for signs of periodontal disease
- Provide an oral cancer screening
- Take x-rays with safe digital radiography
Regular dental exams allow us to assess your overall oral health. With regular dental visits, we are able to detect problems or the potential for future dental health problems, plan effective treatment, and address issues early to preserve the health of your teeth and gums.
While good oral hygiene at home is important, plaque buildup can only be removed with a professional cleaning. A trained dental hygienist is skilled and equipped to remove plaque and tartar to help keep your smile healthy and attractive.
Our professional dental cleanings include:
- Plaque removal – This sticky film on the teeth allows bacteria to thrive. Despite thorough brushing, plaque remains in small crevices, but can be removed with regular professional cleanings.
- Tartar removal – Plaque that is not removed hardens into tartar. If not removed, this can lead to bad breath, inflamed gums, and eventually to gum disease.
- Tooth polishing – After the hygienist removes plaque and tartar build up, the teeth are polished to clean them and remove surface stains.
We care about our patients’ oral health and overall wellness. Research has shown a strong link between oral health and general health. Our goal is to help you maintain optimal dental health with comprehensive cleanings and exams in Huntsville, detect problems early, and provide unparalleled patient centered care.